Thursday, May 27, 2010

Need a rain

Lately we've been looking over songs that we'd like at Jacks funeral. We've found several that we really like, the words and meaning are so powerful, yet there seems be be a common factor in some of them, RAIN. It could be "Praise you in this storm" by Casting Crowns, "Bring the rain", "Word of God speak", by Mercy Me, to name a few. I like these lines from "Bring the rain" the best,
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain


It's easy to say and feel that we can and will do anything to be closer to God and bring him Glory, yet he allows pain and sorrow to come, at that point we wonder if he's still there. If we are close to him as possible, even through the times of pain, he will lead us through the "Rain" and "Storms"


Jeremiah 14:22
Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain?
Do the skies themselves send down showers?
No, it is you, O LORD our God.
Therefore our hope is in you,
for you are the one who does all this.

The Crops could also use a "Rain" too.

1 comment:

  1. I love "Praise you in this storm" by Casting Crowns but any song you have chosen will be a beautiful honor to Jack. Keeping your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete